|Weekly Funding Opportunity: Mutual of America Community Partnership Award|
Each week, Neighborhood Networks provides potential funding sources to help centers develop and improve programs and services. Featured this week is the Mutual of America Community Partnership Award.
Program Areas: Mutual of America Life Insurance Company created the Community Partnership Award to highlight the important contributions that nonprofit organizations—in partnership with public, private, and other social sector organizations—make to society. Every year, organizations participate in a national competition to demonstrate the value of their partnerships, their ability to be replicated, and their capacity to stimulate new ideas in addressing social issues.
Targeted Areas: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and West.
Eligibility: Nonprofit organizations working with partners to make a difference.
Award Amount: $25,000.
Application Process: To be considered for the Mutual of America Community Partnership Award, an organization must complete an application (download an application) and provide a typewritten statement, not to exceed three pages in length, which addresses the following criteria:
- A brief description of the organization, its mission, goals, and those it serves.
- A description of the partnership, its scope, and the role of each partner.
- The number of people benefiting from the partnership.
- The duration of the partnership (a minimum of one year) and how/why the partnership was started.
- Demonstration that the partnership has made a difference.
- The ability of the partnership to replicate and stimulate new ideas in addressing social issues.
- The partnership’s commitment to advancing the mission and principles of the organization.
In addition, the organization should include a copy of its most recent annual report, audited financial statements, a comprehensive list of the individuals comprising the governing body of the organization (board of directors or trustees and principal officers), and the name and telephone number of the person at the organization to contact concerning the application.
Deadline: April 1, 2008.
Contact: For more information on the Mutual of America Community Partnership Award, contact:
Mr. Thomas Gilliam
Chairman and CEO
Mutual of America Foundation
320 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10022-6839
Fax: (212) 207-3001
|| Back to top
Department of Housing and Urban
451 7th Street S.W.,
Washington, DC 20410
708-1112 TTY: (202)